Viking 4+1 Port BiDi Ethernet Switch
Moog Protokraft Viking series 4 and 1 Ethernet switches consist of 4x10/100/1000Base-T ports plus 1x1000Base-BX-U / D port in a wall or floor mounted inline MIL-DTL-38999 connector assembly.The Viking series Ethernet switch offers two separate D38999 Ethernet connector interfaces.
- The Ethernet copper interface is a D38999 / 19-35 with 4x10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet ports compliant with IEEE-802.3U:2005 plus the 28 VDC interface.
- The Ethernet Fiber interface is a D38999 / 09-01 with 1x1000Base-BXU / D Ethernet fiber optic port per IEEE-802.3U:2005 for single fiber links offer solutions for up to 80 km.
The Viking 4+1 port single fiber Ethernet switch is a highly integrated and extremely rugged solution for harsh environment networking applications. Its small size, lightweight and low power requirements make it an excellent fit for next generation networks.
- Five port Gigabit Ethernet switch in an aluminum housing with D38999 connector interfaces
- 4x10/100/1000Base-T non-blocking wire speed copper Ethernet ports per IEEE 802.3:2005
- 1x1000Base-BX-D / U single fiber Ethernet port per IEEE 802.3:2005
- Compact size and lightweight for simple mounting and installation
- Electrical cable links up to 100 m (EIA / TIA Cat-5E)
- Fiber optic link distances up to 80 km over 9/125 μm SMF single fiber optical cables per IEEE 802.3:2005
- D38999 / 19-35 sealed cylindrical electrical connector interface
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Single fiber ELIO® connector interface per EN4531 / 3645 / 4626 ARINC 801
- 28 VDC (18 - 36 VDC) power supply - maximum < 8 W
- Shock, vibration and immersion resistant per MIL-STD 810
- Olive drab cadmium, nickel and zinc-nickel plating meets stringent corrosion resistance performance specifications
- Aluminum connector shells and housing are strong, durable and lightweight
- Civil and military vehicle networking
- Aerospace and naval platform networks
- Unmanaged Ethernet switch applications
- Undersea to surface data transmission
- Turret application
- Ethernet transmission through a single fiber optic rotary joint