Moog Protokraft Viking series 4+2 port Copper + Fiber Ethernet switches consist of 4x10/100/1000Base-T ports with autonegotiation and auto MDI / MDIX circuitry plus 2x100Base-FX or 1000Base-SX ports in a wall or floor mounted inline MIL-DTL-38999 connector assembly.
The Viking series 4+2 port Copper + Fiber Ethernet switch consists of two Ethernet interfaces for inline port cable consolidation applications. The copper interface of the Viking series 4+2 port Copper + Fiber switches is a D38999 size 19-35 connector with 4x IEEE-802.3U:2005 compliant 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet ports plus the 28 VDC power supply input pins.
The fiber optic interface of the Viking series 4+2 port Copper + Fiber Ethernet switchis a D38999 size 19-11 connector with 2x100Base-FX or 1000Base-SX fiber optic Ethernet ports. Designed to operate in harsh environments, these 4+2 port Fiber + Copper Ethernet switches feature excellent thermal characteristics, high tolerance to vibration and shock and corrosion resistant housings for exceptional EMI / RFI performance. Standard case operating temperature range is -40°C to +85°C, with a standard storage temperature range of -55°C to +100°C. They operate from 28 VDC power supplies.
- Copper + Fiber Ethernet switch for 4x10/100/1000Base-T + 2x100Base-FX or 1000Base-SX switched ports
- 4x auto-negotiable 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet ports
- Unmanaged Ethernet switch in an aluminum housing with D38999 connector interfaces
- Olive drab cadmium or nickel plating meets stringent corrosion resistance specifications
- Small size and weight (< 8 oz / 225 g) for simple mounting and installation
- Unmanaged (layer 2) Ethernet switch - no configuration required
- MIL-DTL-38999 / 19-35 / 11 sealed electrical connector interfaces
- 28 VDC (18 - 36 VDC) power supply - maximum < 8 watts
- Shock, vibration and immersion resistant per MIL-STD-810F
- Aluminum alloy housings are strong, durable and light weight
- UTP cable link distances up to 100 meters (EIA / TIA Cat-5E)
- Multimode fiber cable link distances up to 2 kilometers
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Auto sensing of half or full duplex operation
- Compact size and light weight (< 0.3 Kg) for simple mounting and installation
- Viking series 4+2 port Copper + Fiber Ethernet switches enable high speed network communications in harsh environments
- Civil and military vehicle Fast or Gigabit Ethernet networks
- Plug and play operation - no configuration required
- Unmanaged Ethernet switch port multiplication