Spitfire 3.3 VDC Ethernet Optical Media Converters
Moog Protokraft Spitfire series fiber optic Ethernet media converters consist of optoelectronic transmitter and receiver functions integrated along with the 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX or 1000Base-T electrical to 1000Base-SX optical media conversion circuitry into a bulkhead mounted MIL-DTL-38999 connector assembly.
Spitfire series wall mounted Fast or Gigabit Ethernet media converters enable high speed network communications over long distances in harsh environments. The multimode MIL-DTL-38999 optical fiber cable interface supports applications where copper cable link distance, bandwidth, weight or bulk make the use of twisted pair, twinax or quadrax copper conductors unacceptable. The electrical interface to the Spitfire series optical media converters is a ribbon coax to Samtec® EQCD high density cable assembly enabling SMT interconnection to a customer’s backplane, motherboard or daughtercard.
- Compliant with IEEE-802.3:2005 Fast or Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical fiber link distances up to 2.0 km and 550 m @ Gigabit Ethernet
- Copper link distances up to 100 m (EIA / TIA Cat-5 / 5E)
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Shock, vibration and immersion resistant per MIL-STD-810
- Shielded interface meets stringent EMI / RFI and EMP requirements
- Aluminum housings are strong, durable and lightweight
- MIL-T-29504 compliant optical fiber connector interface
- Olive drab cadmium, nickel or zinc nickel plating meets stringent corrosion resistance performance specifications
- Fast or Gigabit Ethernet switches and peripherals
- Telecom and datacom switch / router rack-to-rack links
- Storage or computation clusters