Moog Protokraft Magnum optoelectronic components integrate high performance fiber optic transmitter or receiver functions into a size 8 Quadrax cavity insert suitable for use in ARINC 600 / 404, EN 4165 or MIL-DTL-83527 connector bodies. Magnum optoelectronic transmitters consist of optoelectronic transmitter functions integrated into a printed circuit board mounted pin contact. Magnum optoelectronic receivers consist of optoelectronic receiver functions integrated into a printed circuit board mounted pin contact.
Magnum inserts provide rugged optical interfaces that are compliant with EN 4531 (2.5 mm, ELIO®) or ARINC 801 (1.25 mm, Luxcis®) ceramic optical ferrules. The optical fiber interface supports applications where copper cable link distance, bandwidth, weight or bulk make the use of twisted pair, twinax or quadrax copper conductors unacceptable.
Moog Protokraft Magnum series transmitters and receivers enable high speed network communications over long distances in harsh environments.
US Pat. #7,690,849
*ELIO® is a registered trademark of Souriau
**Luxcis® is a trademark of Radiall
- Compliant with ARINC 664, 818, 801, 803, 804 and 805
- Suitable for Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 1x / 2x / 4x fiber channel or sFPDPApplications from 20 Mbps to 4.25 Gbps
- Operating temperature range from -55°C to +85°C
- Shock and vibration resistant per RTCA / D0-160E
- Arcap contact material meets stringent EMI / RFI / ESD and EMP performance specifications
- Six pin PCB footprint for attachment to customer flexible or rigid printed circuit board
- Compatible with Arinc 600 / 404, EN 4165 and MIL-DTL-83527 size 8 Q cavities
- Magnum series printed circuit board mounted optical transmitters and receivers enable high speed network communications over long distances in harsh environments
- Fast or Gigabit Ethernet switches and peripherals
- Fibre channel switches and peripherals
- Serial Rapid I/O (sRIO) interfacesPCI - express links
- sFPDP data links
- Video displays
- IFE systems