Moog Protokraft Cutlass series D38999 transceivers consist of optoelectronic transmitter and receiver functions integrated into a wall mount D38999 cylindrical connector. The optical transmitters are 850 nm VCSEL lasers. The transmitter input lines are driven with differential CML signals applied to the transmitter (TX+ and TX-) lines. Dual loop, temperature compensated, VCSEL drivers convert the transmitter input signals to suitable VCSEL bias and modulation currents.
The optical receivers consist of PIN and preamplifier assemblies and limiting post-amplifiers. Outputs from the receivers consist of differential CML data signals on the receiver (RX+ and RX-) lines and single ended CMOS indicator functions on the Loss of Signal (LOS) lines. The receiver data lines are squelched upon LOS assertion, preventing errant data generation when an invalid incoming optical signal is presented to the transceiver.
The optical mating interface of the Cutlass series product family is a Luxcis® fiber optic cable plug.
- Supports data rates up to 10.3 Gbps
- Compliant with ARINC 801, 818, 803 and 804
- Compatible with MIL-DTL-38999 size 13-02 connectors
- Operating temperature range from -55°C to +85°C
- Shock and vibration resistant per RTCA / D0-160E
- Fiber Channel switches and peripherals
- ARINC 818 video
- sFPDP data links